Are you ready for the trip of a lifetime to Bali, Indonesia?
In May 2020 experience the natural and historical beauty of Bali, Indonesia, all while learning how to become a professional blogger and content creator.
From Zero to Blog Hero by Greta’s Travels and Where Life Is Great is a blogging retreat for part-time hobby bloggers that wish to transition to full-time professional blogging.
New blogs are created every day but a lot of them lose motivation and never make it past their first year. At the end of this retreat you will have the knowledge, skills and mentality to succeed in this industry and actually earn a living by creating content and travelling the world.
We will teach you everything you need to know including how to use SEO and Pinterest to increase your blog traffic, how to effectively monetise your blog with affiliates, how to work with brands, how to grow your social media presence, how to create beautiful content and much more.
And what better location to do all this than the iconic island of Bali in Indonesia? With its lush green rice fields, stunning sunsets, beautiful beaches and colourful cafés, Bali is considered an Instagram and bloggers dream destination. You can expect to alternate the class based workshops with sunset yoga, sunrise surfs, cooking classes and trips to explore the rice fields, temples and waterfalls dotted around this beautiful island.
Who are we?
Greta Omoboni – Greta’s Travels
Hey, I’m Greta! I started Greta’s Travels while working full time in a corporate office in London, in the hope it would one day become a “real job”. In May 2017 I took a leap of faith and quit my office job to travel and blog full time. Since I started blogging seriously 1.5 years ago Greta’s Travels has grown to 210,000+ monthly page views and 120,000+ followers across all social media channels. My blog now generates an income every month that exceeds my corporate ex-salary and allows me to travel full time. I have collaborated with many well-known brands and tourism boards such as Celebrity Cruises, Visit Miami, Kerala Tourism Board, Mandarin Oriental, Godiva, Holiday Swap and more.
Marta Ostoja – Where Life Is Great
Hi, I’m Marta, the travel, lifestyle blogger, social media influencer of Where Life Is Great and the author of the Paid to Create course. After working 5 years as a Marketing Manager, I decided to use my creative and business skills to start my blog. I quickly grew my blog and Instagram following to 135k engaged followers and started earning 4 figures monthly. During my blogging career I have partnered with multiple tourism boards and hotel groups. I helped co-create a clothing line for a fashion brand and have created content for well-known brands such as Fendi, Revolve, Sears, Bobbi Brown, John Lewis, Four Seasons Hotel and many more. I was a speaker at the international influencer conference Trablin and was named one of the most influential talents from the web by Influencer Awards Monaco 2018.
Simply put; Greta is great at growing blog traffic and earning a passive income from it, whilst Marta is awesome at Instagram and landing lucrative partnerships with brands. For this retreat we are teaming up to share all our knowledge so that you can get the best advice on all aspects of blogging and Instagram.
This retreat is for you if:
- You want to learn how to create beautiful content people actually want to see
- You want to learn how to drive traffic to your blog
- You want to work with brands that you love and GET PAID to do so
- You want to learn how to create passive income streams
- You want to quit your 9-to-5 and be able to do what you love from anywhere in the world!
- You want to learn everything you need to know to become a successful blogger
Dates: 16th – 24th May 2020
Trip length: 9 days / 8 nights
Group size: Max 8 people
Blogging experience: All levels welcome
Photography experience: All levels welcome
It doesn’t matter how long you have been blogging for or how many followers you have. If you have the mentality to succeed and willingness to learn you are the kind of person that will thrive from this workshop.
- 70+ hours of theoretical and practical classes
- 8 nights accommodation in a private villa with a pool in Ubud
- Breakfast every day
- 2 dinners – welcome & goodbye dinners
- Sunset & sunrise yoga sessions
- Full-day waterfall and temple excursion around Bali
- Spa experience
- Morning surf lesson
- Entry & excursion to the Monkey Forest, Ubud
- Transfers around Bali for retreat activities
- Private Facebook group for pre-course preparation and post-course mentorship
- 1 hour private coaching with your mentors
- Lots of exciting surprises!
What’s not included?
- Flights to / from Bali
- Travel & medical insurance
- Additional meals & drinks
Personal branding: who do you want to be online?
- What is a personal brand and how to create one?
- How to stand out from the crowd
- Do you really need a niche? How to define your unique voice?
- Plan for success/blog business plan
Make your blog convert like crazy
- Why blog structure matters?
- Defining blog hotspots
- How to convert readers into raving fans
Turn your pictures and videos from invisible to eye candy
- Shooting beautiful photo & video content
- Editing photos with Lightroom & Photoshop
- Editing engaging videos
- Writing content people actually want to read
Crush it on Instagram
- How to create a coherent and beautiful Instagram feed
- How to grow a following on Instagram
- Creating engaging Instagram stories
- Fostering an active community
SEO – your new superpower
- How to find out what people want to read
- How to get to the 1st page of Google
- How to get tons of traffic from Google
Explode your traffic with Pinterest
- Setting up your Pinterest account for success
- How to create eye-catching Pins
- How to drive traffic from Pinterest
Make money when you sleep
- So how do you actually make money blogging? Finding the best monetisation strategy for you
- Earning passively from affiliates
- Creating your own products
Grow an engaged email list
- Why do you need an email list?
- What to send to your list so they can’t get enough?
- Monetising your email list through funnels
Work with brands you love and get paid to do so!
- Crafting the perfect media kit
- How to find brands to work with
- How to pitch so they can’t say no
The retreat schedule will look something like this, but will be finalised closer to the date and changes may still happen to ensure every activity is done with the best possible weather conditions.
But don’ just hear it from us, hear what our previous students have to say about our retreats!
Meredith Fulford – The Longest Weekend
Straight after Sardinia Blog Retreat 2019, Meredith landed her first well-paid brand partnership thanks to techniques she learned during the course! As of September 2019 she has also doubled her blog traffic.
Here is what she says about our retreat:
“All the content was extremely valuable and the way they broke it down was easy to follow.
I would 1000% recommend the retreat. I have been blogging for about a year and took many different courses but didn’t really have direction on growth. The retreat just took it from start to finish, whether you are a beginner blogger of further along in process, everyone can take a lot of value away from the course. Just to be able to ask questions first hand and hearing what makes Marta and Greta successful, that was invaluable.
The teachers were so unbelievably knowledgeable, professional and are true experts in their field. The level of professionalism they brought to courses, everything was actionable, specific and had research behind it. Their teaching style was really aligned with what it takes to be successful in this business. We covered everything in such detail and they gave me all the tools to take my blog to another level!
The From Zero To Blog Hero retreat really stands out from other options out there with the level of education offered!
I walked away with tools to be successful in blogging world and I have no doubt that the courses that we took and everything I learned, prepared me for success.”
Ann Kelly – The Road Is Life
“This course was right to the point! I learned a lot of information that I couldn’t just find searching the Internet. It was really educational which I enjoyed and I am feeling way more confident reaching out to brands now.
It is nice to have down to Earth successful people that are not hiding any information from you. Greta and Marta genuinely want you to succeed. I learned a lot about different aspects of blogging and felt comfortable asking them any questions I had as they were really really open with all their knowledge. I couldn’t have asked for better teachers!”
“I would definitely recommend the retreat to someone who wants to be serious about blogging. You can read a lot of different pieces online but when someone who actually blogs professionally puts it all together it’s way more helpful.
Sardinia Blog retreat really exceeded my expectations. It was not only a lot of fun but also full of high-end materials. The activities plan broke the schedule nicely and made an overall fun experience.”
Anne-Kari has bought a domain and created her blog during the retreat!
“Both Greta and Marta were wonderful, they have very well rounded skillset in blogging, Instagram and monetizing and they were very approachable.
We covered so many different topics and it was great to have all the courses together in context, going from start to finish it all made sense. I loved the mix of classes and activities that broke up the classes.”
2,499 USD if you sign up before the end of January 2020. 2,999 USD if you sign up after January 2020.
1,000 USD non refundable deposit is required to confirm your sign-up.
The remaining balance has to be paid 45 days before the retreat, no exceptions.
To book fill in this form. (Hurry, limited spots available!)
Can’t make these dates but want to hear about future workshops? Fill in this form.